DAIRY FREE | VEGETARIAN | VEGAN | HIGH-FIBRE
Whole grains are many wonderful things, one of which being: simply delicious. The texture and satisfaction that accompany a whole grain-based meal make eating healthier that much easier. Colder mornings call for comforting breakfasts. Our whipped raspberry oats recipe is fruity, wholesome and oh-so yummy! A bowl of oats contains a soluble fibre called beta-glucan. It assists in reducing high cholesterol and sugar in the blood. Beta-glucan promotes the growth of healthy gut bacteria and feelings of satiety, allowing you to satisfy your hunger for longer. We hope you enjoy this high-fibre recipe that promotes gut health at an affordable price!
You Will Need:
1. Rolled oats (add desired amount of oats for planned serving)
2. 2 cups smashed raspberries
3. 1 cup plant milk
3. 1 cup boiling water
4. 2 tablespoons honey (if vegan replace honey with maple syrup)
5. 1 teaspoon cinnamon
6. 1 tablespoon coconut flakes/desiccated coconut (optional)
7. 1/2 teaspoon salt
4. Pecan Nuts
5. Nut butter
6. Coconut yoghurt (optional)
1. Heat the plant milk on low heat. Stir occasionally to avoid burning/clumping (if using powdered milk).
2. For 2 servings of creamy oats, in a saucepan/pot add 1 cup of rolled oats. Adjust measurements proportionate to the size of your batch.
3. Add 1 cup of boiling water.
4. Add 1 cup of heated plant milk.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Bring to boil over medium heat. Stir oats frequently. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
7. Blend raspberries until desired texture. Add blended raspberries to oats and stir gently.
8. Sprinkle more cinnamon, coconut, flaxseed, berries, and nuts over a bowl of oats porridge.
9. Drizzle over a yoghurt or nut butter of your choice.